Find a Short Breaks club
Our Short Breaks clubs and activities are run by Action for Children.
Short Breaks clubs help children and young people:
- take part in activities away from their family
- make friends
- try new things.
It also gives families the chance to do things they may not usually do or just have time for themselves.
- After-school, holiday and weekend clubs
- Arts and crafts
- Outdoor activities
- Drama and music clubs
To take part, your child or young person must:
- live in Essex (excluding Southend-on-Sea and Thurrock local authority areas)
- be under 18 or aged between 19 to 25 years old and in receipt of a personal budget
- have a confirmed diagnoses of special educational need and/or disability
All children and young people who are registered will be assessed before they attend any clubs and activities.
You will be expected to pay for:
- general leisure activities
- sports clubs
- hobby-based activities
- out of school activities
- art and drama clubs
- uniformed groups like Scouts
You will not have to pay for support your child receives to help them take part in activities.
Some clubs may ask for a financial contribution. This may be in the form of an hourly or daily rate. This will depend on the activities the clubs are running. For example, trips to theme parks will cost more that club-based activities.
Get in touch
Tel: 01376 555260 or 07540 919616