Light Touch Care
Due to a national shortage of care staff and as part of our on-going procurement for when current contracts finish in October 2018, we want to hear your views about using the Light Touch service. You can do this by using our online feedback form.
Light Touch is way for parents who don’t qualify for social care get up to 28 hours of support with a six-month period. You can use Light Touch to:
- help your child at home
- help your child take part at a club or activity
- take your child out to see friends
To qualify, your child must:
- be aged between 0 to 18 years
- have a confirmed diagnosis
- live within the borders of Essex County Council (excluding Thurrock and Southend)
- not receive any other social care funding such as direct payments, overnight respite, personal budget
- be reviewed every to a 6 or 12 months to see if social care need to re-assess them
At the end of the six months the provider who has been working with you will review how things have been going. If needed, a further six months of support may be offered.
Make a referral for Light Touch care
You can self-refer for Light Touch care.
For country-wide support, contact CF Contact and Support Services:
For regional support, contact Crossroads in your area:
Tel: 01376 529985
Tel: 01255 860960
Epping and Harlow
Tel: 01708 757242
Get in touch
Give us feedback, request a brochure or register for updates
"The Short Breaks Service has helped my child to gain confidence and new skills. I've also been able to meet other parents who have children with disabilities which has been a great support." - Parent